|Charlie Chaplin in The Dictator Scandal Logo|
Following decades of success in silent movies dating back to 1914, Charlie Chaplin's first foray into soundtrack movies came in 1940, with The Great Dictator, which he had written, produced, scored, directed and starred in with his then wife, Paulette Goddard. This cinematic production was an amalgam of drama, comedy and political satire, which was especially timely as fascism was taking root in Europe via Hitler's Germany and Mussolini's Italy.
And while it was Chaplin's most commercially successful production, it also carried a poignant message about humanity throughout, which was powerfully delivered in the final speech of the film. Importantly there are many elements of this speech which are germane to the MorganStanleyGate scandal as follows:
- "We want to live by each other’s happiness - not by each other’s misery." -- Morgan Stanley has undertaken and sponsored a surfeit of malicious and unlawful acts that were very much intended to cause great misery.
- "We have lost the way . . . greed has poisoned men's souls" -- EVERY reprehensible act undertaken or otherwise sponsored by Morgan Stanley is predicated SOLELY on greed.
- "We need humanity . . . more than cleverness we need kindness" -- The aggregate instances of fraud, racketeering, extortion, sabotage, corruption and assassination sponsored by Morgan Stanley are predicated on effectively gaming the system of humanity, which was predicated entirely on equivocation, misrepresentation and lies, lies, lies, which those responsible consider to "clever", which they are anything but.
- "Millions of despairing [are] victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people" -- The culture of Morgan Stanley provides incentives for and rewards acts that have in fact tortured and imprisoned innocent people, simply to cover-up its illegal, greed-procreated activities.
- "The people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure . . . in the name of democracy - let us use that power - let us all unite" -- It's time we hold wayward bankers personally accountable for their crimes -- paltry fines are but a cost of doing business and with the belief that there exists no downside, this only begets more unlawful activities which only become more audacious and brazen.
- "Brutes have risen to power . . . But they lie! . . . [with their ill-begotten profits, they] free themselves but they enslave the people!" -- the vast number of unimaginably evil acts sponsored by Morgan Stanley were driven by a kakistocracy of bullies who are interested only in their own self-aggrandizement at the expense of innocent and often unwitting others.
- "Let us fight for a
world of reason . . . let us all unite!" -- The pernicious acts of Morgan Stanley are well-beyond the scope of reason and and MUST be held accountable, and YOU are availed an opportunity to help and be rewarded for doing so, with little effort on your part -- for details on how . . . click here.
Presented below is the riveting final speech from The Great Dictator, which is followed by the script for this speech.
The Great Dictator's Speech
I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be an emperor. That’s not my business. I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone - if possible - Jew, Gentile - black man - white. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness - not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.
Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.
The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men - cries out for universal brotherhood - for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world - millions of despairing men, women, and little children - victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people.
To those who can hear me, I say - do not despair. The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed - the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.
Soldiers! don’t give yourselves to brutes - men who despise you - enslave you - who regiment your lives - tell you what to do - what to think and what to feel! Who drill you - diet you - treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder. Don’t give yourselves to these unnatural men - machine men with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts! You don’t hate! Only the unloved hate - the unloved and the unnatural! Soldiers! Don’t fight for slavery! Fight for liberty!
In the 17th Chapter of St Luke it is written: “the Kingdom of God is within man” - not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people have the power - the power to create machines. The power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.
Then - in the name of democracy - let us use that power - let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world - a decent world that will give men a chance to work - that will give youth a future and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power. But they lie! They do not fulfil that promise. They never will!
Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people! Now let us fight to fulfill that promise! Let us fight to free the world - to do away with national barriers - to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men’s happiness. Soldiers! in the name of democracy, let us all unite!